09 May 2009

Leaving the Med

My view today is bright and sunny and from a top the 11th-ish floor of the apartment I am staying in with the Zahrans. I'm saying good bye to my automatic shade and hot quesidillas brought to me on a tray to my room for breakfast and the black mercedes. My experience in Alex has been awesome and very different from my own life. I will miss Bahaa, my counterpart on the NC team, but will see him in Cairo. We are going to see the library and planetarium today and then we are headed back to Cairo by bus. At the end of the week, we are going to the Red Sea...I can't wait.

I don't know the population of Alex, but it is MUCH larger than Charlotte. Yesterday, Sabrina and I ran into two people that we know. It just goes to show how small the world is and how awesome this town is.

4 comments:

  1. Can't imagine seeing someone you know that far away and unexpectedly. Do remember that we 'ran 'into each other in France some years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is the anaoymous post from May 10 7:06?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Whitney. It's your cousin Courtney. Just wanted you to know I have been thoroughly enjoying your posts and keeping up with your exciting travels. You keep me laughing as usual. Can't wait to hear more! And of course I have to post as Anonymous because I am clueless on the other choices. : )

    ReplyDelete