28 May 2009

chicago

It is official. I have been up for 24 hours and counting. We missed our flight in Chicago because United Airlines does not live up to their time schedules and if you make it to the gate at 9:10, they still can refuse to let you on the plane. My team made it there, but I did not because I was stuck in the customs office because I have a blemish on my passport. I know it sounds super sexy to sit in the waiting room with the foreiners that they question, but maybe not when you are struggling to make your next flight. I know the next question is what is the blemish? In 1995 my passport was stolen in London and a Ms. Barbara T. Wilson made me swear I was an American and I was returned my freedom. I was told by the passport agent today that I can expect that question and fun room everytime I travel outside the country.

We thought we would have to stay at the airport, but thankfully Lufthansa set us up in a hotel for a short nap before our 6:27 flight to Charlotte tomorrow. We were 25 minutes late landing the plane because the runway we were trying to land was too short and as we almost touched down we went right back up in the air.

I'll be home I think around 9am and it is now Bryant's job to get me to my door which I hope there is a key at because my key was stolen when I lost my wallet. This is an exciting day to come. Oh yeah...my precious cell phone usage was cut short when my phone insde screen will not show anything. I can recieve calls, but cannot dial out because I have become a lazy american who doesn't remember any of my phone numbers other than my mother's and sisters (and maybe work). Feel free to call. I've got to visit the Verizon store on whatever day tomorrow is.

No comments:

Post a Comment