24 December 2009

Q: How did you get those calves????







A: This is the first question ANYONE should ask me when they see me. Not, "Wow what a great shade of not so pale!" Thanks to Puerto Rico, I have a little calf definition to my legs but this has come with a price--for the last two days I hesitate to start walking because it is like reving the motor on an old woman. You know she can walk, it just takes her a bit to get going. I've also had to brace a bit in order to sit down. Let's hope tomorrow is a different day. Downward facing dog has not helped.


Tonight is Christmas Eve and one might think that I'd miss the cold or a christmas tree, but as you can see, PR is just as adept at Christmas decorations as we are. It rained today, but Stacey and I got some beach time in this morning and we have rented a golf cart. Jim, Stacey and I drove around in the afternoon to do some exploring of the Gated Gated community. There are a lot of gates andsome houses that were not gated. My observation....if you've got money, you gate the driveway. You want peopel to see the house...just not get to close.

Tonight after dinner, Mom made some pina coladas (we are experimenting with recipes) and off we went to look at Christmas lights. It was still drizzling a little bit, but we headed out anyway. We were not on the cart path more than 10 minutes and the sky opened up and let out all the water. A guard let us rest under a shelter until the heavy rain passed. We continued on. Jim has better pictures, my camera battery was starting to die. The picture with the village is dedicated to Bruce Anderson, Planning Board Chairman of the Town of Huntersville who does something similar in his house. We found this Christmas treasure this afternoon when I saw all the lights on the house. The village "appeared" this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment