12 April 2009

Why do I watch

Extreme Makeover. Seriously, it is like watching 3 lifetime movies at the same time. Tonight, the father was not shown and it turns out he died sometime in the last four months. Yes, I wear a Maybeline mascara that does run with the waterworks. The house was everything the family wanted (predictable), but the story was one of the saddest I had seen since the woman who had adopted her sister's family and all 11 of them were living in a two bedroom apartment. I think the more important question is why do I watch a show that makes me cry. I mean the at least the Hallmark commercials sneak up on you. (Oh yeah, and if you've seen the Publix commercial about the new wife in the family who feels shut out until the grandma gives her the sacred fruit/pound cake/parfait looking dessert...you know what I'm talking about). This show is relentless for the tears. I don't know one person who hasn't cried and I challenge you not to let it get to you.

To all a great Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment