28 April 2009

36 hours and still awake

There has been relatively no sleep for me and it is at the end of my second day. Looking at the clock I left about this time yesterday. I just wanted everyone to know that I made it to Egypt safely and am in the care of some wonderful people. I can already tell that I will be speaking more french than arabic as I think they picked up on the fact that I can repeat certain phrases back to them. I only wish my vocabulary was better.

I have so many great stories from the plane ride, but I am so exhausted. I'll get them up soon. Tomorrow we hit the ground running and I have my first vocational visit and Rotary presentation. Thursday is the pyramids....check that one off early.

4 comments:

  1. Whitney,
    Glad you made it safely. Enjoy (don't forget my piece of the pyramid). Thanks for getting us excited about your plane trip and then not telling us about it. Fine then. Oh, and last night JDH and Hollycrest was a blast at the Planning Board but I'm not going to tell you about it. Maybe later. Ha! Take that.

    Be safe.

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you did not bring any Swine Flu with you to Egypt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has your host family made you slaughter their pigs??

    ReplyDelete
  4. No pig slaughter, but they have beef hot dogs they call sausages...no need to have crammed all of those hotdogs in before I left

    ReplyDelete