01 April 2012

That Apple Didn't Fall Far

I am in the process of a little spring cleaning and just finished going through the recipes I inherited from my Granny Lou (Dad's mom). There are some gems and I'll post a few in the upcoming weeks.  Granny Lou was well ahead of my sister in collecting family favorites. And, I noticed that I inherited her penache for keeping clips of recipes from magazines or scribbling them down on whatever notepad is lying around.

She died nearly 20 years ago and my food memories of her are sweet corn, succatash and grapenuts.  It has been a blast going through these browned pages and seeing her notes.   However, I wonder, if like me, she wanted to try them all, but maybe forgot she had them.

Cheers to hoping I remember to try a few!


No comments:

Post a Comment